CapeSpace is committed to protecting the earth’s environment and in particular the Cape & Islands environment that we call home. We are taking the Cape & Islands Green challenge and working towards our Level 1 Green Certification.
We will be posting information on steps we are taking, and we invite members’ input and suggestions for creating a greener CapeSpace. We encourage our members to join us in conserving water and energy here at CapeSpace and at home. If you are a Cape & Islands business owner, please join us in taking the Cape & Islands Green pledge and working towards your own Green Certification.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Cape & Islands Green click here.
What We Have Done So Far
- We attended a Cape & Islands Green Workshop and learned the program’s mission and how to get certified
- We formed a Green Team with staff and members to carry out the mission. We salute Green Team Members Anna Derbeneva-Costa, Aron Wittkamper and Merry Flynn!
- We keep our thermostats on timers to save energy during off hours
- We had Cape Light Compact [link to their site] perform an energy audit and implemented all recommendations
- We have provided smart power strips to all our private office clients. If you haven’t installed yours yet and need help let us know!
- We hosted the first annual EarthTech Expo, an event produced by the Cape Cod Technology Council, featuring speakers and exhibitors focused on alternative energy technologies for home and business. We will be hosting the second one in April 2020
- We have filtered water available on tap for our members and guests; we purchase nothing that comes in a plastic bottle
- We have asked our suppliers to avoid unnecessary packaging and to always present us with environmentally friendly product options
- We use only energy-efficient LED light bulbs
- We have begun buying liquid products (hand soap, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, dish soap, surface cleaner) from Green Road Refill, a terrific local business that sells eco-friendly products in bulk and refills them as needed. No more tossing empty plastic soap containers in the trash.
- We buy 100% of our electricity from renewable sources
- We are calling junk mail vendors and telling them to stop!
- We are offering a Cape & Islands Green workshop here at CapeSpace in April.
- We are working through a back inventory of plastic plates and utensils but all new purchases will be biodgradeable
- We buy local wherever possible, including using local vendors Green Road Refill and Cape Cod Coffee
- We provide collection bins for gently used items needed by local charities so our members have an option for their gently used items to be reused instead of thrown away.
- We have made the Skip the Straw pledge being promoted by our friends at CARE for the Cape & Islands
Questions or Interested in Taking the Challenge With Us?
Are you a local business? Will you join us in taking the Cape & Islands Green challenge? Make the pledge below! Have a comment, question, idea? Please tell us about it!